Re: Keysafe dynamic UID

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 04:59:20PM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:

> Also renaming a user is actually trivial:
>
>   usermod -l _something Debian-something

Unfortunately those names also get into various cron tabs, config files,
etc. Doing that with, e.g., Debian-exim would immediately break my mail
server, for example.

I wonder if just adding a second user with the same uid would be safer
(so then the packaged scripts can use the new name), and documenting
that the old one will be removed for the next release?

(Also, I haven't tested: does that properly handle group memberships?)