Re: Keysafe dynamic UID

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 at 05:37:12 +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
>   openarena       Debian-openarena

For what it's worth, if I was confident that renaming the user wouldn't
be more disruptive than continuing to use the vendor-specific username,
I'd be happy to call this one _openarena or something; but this stuff
seems to always more subtle than first expected (see also #679642, and
the lack of consensus on #621833 on how best to achieve system users
being locked during package removal and unlocked during reinstallation)
so I have erred on the side of leaving it as-is to minimize breakage.

If there is now a best-practice way to rename system users (and consensus
on which configurations are or aren't supported), I'm happy to follow it.