Crowd funding campaign to package browserify in debian

Hi,

We have been discussing browserified javascript situation in debian for
sometime. We decided to spent one full month on packaging browserify if
we can raise enough money via crowd funding. See
http://igg.me/at/debian-browserify for more details.

Hoping to have a good solution to this problem, if not in time for
stretch, at least for stretch+1 for sure.

But we'd still love to have an exception for stretch [1] as we may not
be able to fix all the packages in time for stretch or even complete
this task itself for strecth.

Note: Some packages would still need grunt or gulp I think, but probably
with some changes they could be briwserified using browserify itself.

Thanks
Praveen

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=840295