Re: lirc and new upstream release, can we update?

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Since the pkg-lirc is almost dead (the last uploader retired some days
> ago), and Stefan is too busy to review it again, I'm asking for
> advices:

The package has a team, but since it looks like it's been maintained by
NMU for quite some time, I see no reason why you could "join the team",
and then basically take over the maintenance of this package.

Gregor made the last upload of this package, so that might be one person
who could sponsor it. Otherwise, I'd suggest following the normal
mentors.debian.net approach.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies [...] a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those
who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending
money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of
its scientists, the hopes of its children. [...] This is not a way of
life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it
is humanity hanging from a cross of iron. [...] [I]s there no other
way the world may live?
 -- President Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953