Re: Network access during build

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 09:29:53AM +0200, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
> This rule appeared in the version 3.9.7 of the policy. Just declare in
> debian/control that your package conforms to the version 3.9.6 and the
> issue will no longer be a RC policy violation ;)

That's not how policy compliance actually works. All packages for a
given Debian release must conform to the version of policy that was
current when it was frozen for release. Otherwise we effectively have
no policy, if every package gets to choose which version it adheres
to.

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh