Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> writes:

> Le lundi, 29 août 2016, 12.07:23 h CEST Dmitrii Kashin a écrit :
>> But I know a lot of them. And not only in Debian community. And they
>> don't agree that migrating will give them greater control over their
>> systems.
>
> This is not a popularity contest, in which we'd count points either way. We,
> as the Debian community, are discussing what we want to offer to our users,
> given our interests, capabilities, and manpower. Mobs don't produce patches.

I can't agree that the opinion of mobs hasn't be heared. It always
seemed that Debian project is aimed to be a *universal* OS and tends to
provide with good solutions for quite a large user group. If we don't
want to consider their interests so we are on the way to become a
distribution for small groups of hackers.

And I know "mobs" that actually produce patches. Well I think I must at
least attract an attention to this thread in debian-russian mailing
list. This is the best think I could do for the discussion.