Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

Hi all!

I just saw the new conntrack-tools (1:1.4.4-2) package in Sid, which
has as a change

  * [917beed] conntrackd: get rid of the sysvinit support

and I wondered, if this is a bug (and at what severity) or not.

While I run all my personal computers on systemd (on Sid) and nearly all
servers at work have been switched to systemd during the Wheezy->Jessie
upgrade, there will still be people left running the classic SysV-Init
and as far as I know it has not been deprecated/removed for Stretch.
So leaving them out in the cold like this seems wrong to me.

To be fair, conntrackd _is_ a highly Linux-centric package, so catering
for Hurd or FreeBSD does not apply here, but still ...

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.