Re: systemd package dependencies

Am 28.08.2016 um 13:43 schrieb Jonathan de Boyne Pollard:
> Simon McVittie:
>
>> Once per thread about systemd, I point out that dbus-daemon links to
>> both libapparmor and libselinux - which results in at least one
>> useless library for literally everyone with dbus installed, since
>> "major" LSMs don't stack, so nobody can possibly be using both
>> AppArmor and SELinux at the same time. Oddly enough, nobody has
>> complained about that, only about libsystemd...
>>
> Which rather neatly brings us to something that I've been wondering
> about for some time.  It's a pointless package dependency.  But for
> novelty it's one that the people who *use* systemd might be interested
> in, rather than the people who *want to avoid* systemd.
>
> Consider the "initscripts" package.
>
> The "systemd" package has an explicit package dependency from it (in
> both Debian 8 and the prospective Debian 9).

I don't see that dependency in sid/stretch. Can you clarify where you
found this dependency?
It's actually possible now, to install a systemd based (stretch) system
without initscripts, sysv-rc, startpar and insserv due to recent efforts
by the pkg-systemd team.

As for jessie, the reason why the dependency was added can be found in
the debian changelog (and also why it was dropped again).

Regards,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?