Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 12:11:13AM +0200, Sven Hartge wrote:

> I just saw the new conntrack-tools (1:1.4.4-2) package in Sid, which
> has as a change
>
>   * [917beed] conntrackd: get rid of the sysvinit support
>
> and I wondered, if this is a bug (and at what severity) or not.

Yes, this is a bug and I think you can give it at least priority important.
While Debian has switched to systemd as the *default* init system, it is
not the only one it supports. Package maintainers should not remove
support for other init systems. If they feel they are not up to
maintaining the sysvinit scripts, they should ask for help instead of
removing them.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>