Re: Repeated Upgrade of Package

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 03:10:54PM -0700, pdbogen@cernu.us wrote:
> On top my problem- The situation we're encountering is that apt-get (and
> aptitude, fwiw) continuously want to upgrade an installed package that we
> maintain, even when the version, hash, etc., is not changed. This output
> demonstrates the issue:

Your package doesn't match the metadata provided for it, so libapt
thinks its a rebuild (without version change) and downloads the "new"
version for installation.

In your case at least the Installed-Size: field is missing in the
Packages file (which is hence assumed to be zero), while the control
file inside the package has such a field with non-zero size. Other
fields which must match to the letter are e.g. Depends and Pre-Depends
(a "common" mistake is e.g. having versions there which are rewritten by
some tools like a 0-epoch).

Not sure what tool you are using to generate an apt repository, but it
seems rather non-standard given that it includes the deb file also in
the Release file… using one of the many already existent solutions might
be better…

Best regards

David Kalnischkies