Repeated Upgrade of Package

Howdy!

First off, the usual- if this is not the correct list for an inquiry like
this, I sincerely apologize, and would greatly appreciate a pointer to the
correct list.

On top my problem- The situation we're encountering is that apt-get (and
aptitude, fwiw) continuously want to upgrade an installed package that we
maintain, even when the version, hash, etc., is not changed. This output
demonstrates the issue:

    pdbogen@srcclr-mbp-pbogen:~$ date; sudo apt-get install srcclr
    Mon Aug 22 15:08:16 PDT 2016
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
      srcclr
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B/61.9 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 128 MB disk space will be freed.
    (Reading database ... 144061 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../apt/archives/srcclr_2.5.2.deb ...
    Unpacking srcclr (2.5.2) over (2.5.2) ...
    Setting up srcclr (2.5.2) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) ...
    pdbogen@srcclr-mbp-pbogen:~$ date; sudo apt-get install srcclr
    Mon Aug 22 15:08:20 PDT 2016
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
      srcclr
    1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0 B/61.9 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 128 MB disk space will be freed.
    (Reading database ... 144061 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../apt/archives/srcclr_2.5.2.deb ...
    Unpacking srcclr (2.5.2) over (2.5.2) ...
    Setting up srcclr (2.5.2) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.5-1) ...

My employer maintains a Debian package, `srcclr`. Our Release file is here:

  https://download.srcclr.com/ubuntu/stable/Release

..the corresponding Packages file is:

  https://download.srcclr.com/ubuntu/stable/Packages

And accordingly the package itself is here:

  https://download.srcclr.com/ubuntu/stable/srcclr_2.5.2.deb

I've spent a bit of time googling and found mentions of this happening from
time to time, but no clear explanation about when/why. I'd greatly appreciate
any guidance anyone can provide on how to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,
--
             .
Patrick Bogen .