Re: spammers closing bugs in BTS

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I received a notification that a bug was closed.
>
> The email that closed the bug was a spam email sent to the address
>   (bug-number)-done@bugs.debian.org

> Maybe time to start requiring PGP signatures on control emails to the BTS?

These happen from time to time; currently they're not enough of a
problem to warrant requiring signatures on messages to -done.

I've never seen a spam message to control@ which actually did anything
useful, so I suspect these will just be ignored.

All of that said, we certainly do appreciate better anti-spam SA rules
for the BTS, and we do already give negative scores for messages which
have things which look like PGP signatures and/or come from an address
which is in the whitelist. This enables us to be slightly more punitive
with some of the rulesets that we have in place.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

What prison taught me was that some people are born into a life where
they're going to be subjected to intense life experiences and personal
tragedy on an almost daily basis. [...] I don't think you get
enlightenment after something like that. I think all anyone really
wants, if they're honest with themselves, is a quiet, easy life
surrounded by people that love them. Anything else is a conceit.
 -- OP from 99chan