Re: use long keyid-format in gpg.conf (Re: Key collisions in the wild

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:32:34PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Josh Triplett writes ("Re: use long keyid-format in gpg.conf (Re: Key collisions in the wild"):
> > I'd suggest moving directly to full fingerprints; from elsewhere in this
> > thread, it sounds like the current version of gnupg has done so.
>
> What should we do for users of jessie ?

Backport the fingerprints-only patch for the gnupg2 package, and ideally
develop a patch for jessie's gnupg 1 package that has the same effect.
If developing that patch seems non-trivial to do quickly and cleanly,
then I'd suggest backporting the 64-bit-only change to jessie's gnupg 1
package as a stopgap, but not a permanent solution.