Re: use long keyid-format in gpg.conf (Re: Key collisions in the wild

On Fri, 12 Aug 2016, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Josh Triplett writes ("Re: use long keyid-format in gpg.conf (Re: Key collisions in the wild"):
> > I'd suggest moving directly to full fingerprints; from elsewhere in this
> > thread, it sounds like the current version of gnupg has done so.
>
> What should we do for users of jessie ?

IMO, backport the changes.

I personally won't really care whether the new format is enabled or disabled by
default, as long as a NEWS.Debian and a security announcement are worded
clearly enough to get the word out that it should be enabled everywhere
it won't cause breakages.

--
  Henrique Holschuh