Re: consolation -- an alternative to gpm

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 01:22:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 6:57 AM, Bill Allombert wrote:
>
> > I like to announce consolation, a gpm replacement.
>
> Nice :)
>
> > For the time being, consolation homepage is:
> > <https://alioth.debian.org/projects/consolation/>
> > Unfortunately jessie libinput is too old, you need testing/sid.
>
> You might want to upload it to Debian (experimental?).
>
> The git repository is not publicly readable.

Fixed thanks!

> Since this isn't Debian-specific, I would suggest somewhere like
> freedesktop.org

Given that the goal of consolation is to provide solace to users that
prefer the linux console to desktop environments, I am not sure it would
be appropriate.

> for hosting and posting the announcement to LWN.

Feel free to submit it to LWN. You seems to have the knack of picking
news that the LWN editors will publish.

However, while the code works for me, the description of the project is
sorely lacking. Improvement welcome.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>