Re: sybase license and openWatcom DFSGness

On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 12:24:12PM +0200, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> Why does VirtualBox keep relying on the OpenWatcom provider?  There's bcc
> and faucc.

AFAIK, VirtualBox upstream decided to use non-standard OpenWatcom extensions.

> QEMU's SeaBIOS is compiled with GCC (but looking at the source, all the
> 16-bit code is in asm statements).  If Sybase doesn't provide a new
> license, I think it's better to spend some effort in porting the BIOS to
> something that doesn't require OpenWatcom.

These days, most non-historic operating systems can boot on EFI, meaning
that even failing to ship a 16-bit BIOS could be reasonable.

Meow!
--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.