Re: Proposed mass bug filing: use and misuse of dbus-launch (dbus-x11)

* Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> [160727 20:04]:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2016 at 18:02:32 +0200, Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> > Shouldn't this
> > dependency only be declared at some other level (libdbus, GDBus,...)?
>
> I think this would have to be a new dbus-session metapackage, unless
> I'm missing something. dbus is the wrong place, and so are all the
> obvious libraries.

Do you mean metapackage or virtual package?  Wouldn't a virtual package
be exactly the right thing for this?  Then dbus-user-session and
dbus-x11 would each "Provides: dbus-session" and no additional real
package is required.  Maybe I do not understand what is being suggested.

...Marvin