Re: synaptics vs libinput and GNOME 3.20 no longer supporting synaptics

Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer@who-t.net> writes:
> [Disclaimer: I'm jumping in because of the LWN quote of the week and I'm
> just reconstructing the emails from the archives, I'm not subscribed.
> Apologies if the thread breaks or any other side effects. Please keep me in
> CC]

After this list discussion I switched my laptop from the synaptics
driver to the new libinput driver. Most things just work (after
re-enabling tap to click), but one thing I can't seem to figure out.

Is it possible to remap two finger tap to the middle button (button 2)
without remapping the right side of the clickpad at the same time
(set-button-map seems to only do both at a time)? Searching finds
several people asking this question, but sadly no responses.

Also it might be nice to clear up some of the confusion the KDE people
seem to have about this change ("libinput removes all touchpad
configuration options except clicking enabled and scrolling", while many
of the options remain available via the nice and friendly userinterface
of xinput [1]).

[1] https://rajeeshknambiar.wordpress.com/2015/02/22/libinput-support-added-to-touchpad-kcm/

--
Arto Jantunen