Re: Announcing new pkg-security team

Hi,

That is great news, i maintain the package goldeneye(a HTTP DoS Test Tool), which i believe it would be nice to maintain together with the security team, i started to package T50[1] too and i believe it is aligned with the security team too, at least that's what i thought when i read in the alioth page that the team will also focus on pentest tools (i was missing a team like that).

I'm still a novice regarding packaging, but i'm very much excited to join the team, over the next two weeks i will see what can i do to help (right now college is taking too much time).

I didn't understand one part though, the alioth page says "All security related tools are welcome: penetration testing tools, forensics tools, hardening tools, network monitoring tools, etc."

How does this team relate to the forensics team? It seems confusing to have a forensics team and a security team which will treat forensics packages.

In my opinion, we should have only one team integrating both, maybe the forensics team could be merged into security?

[1]https://github.com/fredericopissarra/t50

Samuel Henrique O. P. [samueloph]

Hi Arturo,

>I'm involved in a couple of related packages [0][1] which I would be
>very happy to integrate in this new team.

can you please join the team [1], and create the repositories/ask for sponsorship?

You should just need a "setup-repository", change the maintainer/uploaders fields,
git push and ping for sponsorship in case (I see one of them is not under DM permission.)
(feel free to read the wiki, and correct in case something is wrong, and if you have
not enough permission to create the repo, ping me privately, also for sponsoring)

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=101003

thanks!

Gianfranco