Re: mutt concentration camp (was Re: Neomutt packages available)

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 12:59:00PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> * Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org>, 2016-06-24, 09:05:
> >>I am suggesting that I remember what happened with mutt-kz.
> >I have no idea what you are referring to here, but it reminds me to say
> >that I think the name "mutt-kz" is a NO-GO. I know it's from the authors
> >initials, but… to me it sounds like "mutt-hitler" or probably worse.
>
> Send complaints to Karel's parents...
>
> Every other two-letter sequence is going to mean something dreadful in some
> language. For example, millions[0] of Poles are offended when you talk about
> UBSan[1], or MO[2] files, or the .SS macro.

These, like mutt-kz, are pure coincidences.  For the original argument to
hold any water, you'd need to find an _intentional_ example.

Like, say, KGB (kgb-{bot,client}).  And here, despite it being a vile
murderous organisation (and far more murderous before name change in 1954),
I don't see any protests.  People see the bot's name as a joke.  And I
agree.

> It's not a thing in Poland, at least.

The current concentration camp thing in Poland, about to become punished by
3 years in prison, is uttering the phrase "polish concentration camps".
Despite most Nazi camps operating long after the war, initially by NKVD then
by polish UB, up to 1956.  Or, if you consider UB just "commie traitors",
what about pre-war Bereza Kartuska (a proper concentration camp on the
Arbeitslager/Konzentrationslager/Vernichtungslager scale)?  Or, during the
war, several polish camps in Britain for jews, gays and political enemies of
general Sikorski?  The last set was only at Guantanamo level of viciousness,
but as Sikorski expressly called them "concentration camps", who's to argue?

Meow!
--
An imaginary friend squared is a real enemy.