Re: Vcs-* and shared repos

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 03:02:57PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> I never really understood why there is a games team; assuming that
> technically, almost every game is an island. (Ok, legal issues might be
> similar). This is a very different situation than programming library
> packaging.
>
> With the Haskell packages, regularly do mass-changes and they work
> well. I can try to dig up some examples from git history, if you are
> interested.

You're right that games are probably less homogenous than common language
libraries. The kind of mass-changes we were making were therefore quite small,
and usually Debian specific (things like add or change a control field across
all packages, or bump standards version). Nevertheless, it rarely paid off.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.