Re: Package tool with systemd dependency

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:55:52AM +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Depends: systemd is not enough, because having systemd.deb installed
> says nothing about whether systemd was actually used as init.

Is this not analoguous to "Depends: any-daemon is not enough, because
that says nothing about whether the service is started on the running
system"? We do not normally extend that requirement to the dependency
logic for e.g. web apps.

--
Jonathan Dowland
Please do not CC me, I am subscribed to the list.