Re: Detecting install vs upgrade in postinst

Thanks; looks like that's https://bugs.debian.org/153244 .

> > Sounds great!
> >
> > Would that potentially make it easier to run via dpkg trigger, rather than
> > postinst, so that it does less duplicate work during an apt run that involves
> > multiple kernel-related packages?
>
> No, I think that would result in worse decisions about what the default
> kernel version should be.

Depends on the criteria for setting the default kernel version; ideally
that should always produce the same result for a given set of kernel
packages (assuming the user hasn't overridden it).

- Josh Triplett