Re: Dropping upstart jobs (or not)

Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> writes:

> This says only what is the default.

> Most users don't even know what's the difference.  Even worse, if they
> get hit by one of many of systemd's bugs, they'll just curse and either
> accept lossage or consider changing distributions rather than
> investigate the cause.

So you're volunteering to adopt upstart and package and maintain it in
Debian?  If not, I'm not sure how this is relevant to the thread.  Maybe
I'm just missing the implications of your position for whether or not to
maintain upstart configuration in packages despite the fact that there's
no upstart package in Debian.  If so, could you spell that out for those
of us who didn't figure it out?

(For the record, I concur with Tollef's earlier comment that there's no
need to go fast with removing these and it can wait until after the next
release.)