Dropping upstart jobs (or not)

Hi,

I just became aware recently that upstart has been removed from the
archive (unstable/testing) [1].

Now I'm wondering what to do about the upstart job files that were added
to various packages. Do we
- continue to ship them, assuming we have users that keep upstart
installed when upgrading to stretch.
- drop them from the package but don't remove the obsolete conffiles.
This would mean we keep the upstart jobs on upgrades. (probably makes
our debian qa people unhappy though, who run adequate)
- drop them from the package and remove them on upgrades.
- ?

Thoughts welcome

Michael

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/u/upstart/news/20160111T052637Z.html