Re: Re: Spice/QXL maintainer AWOL, can someone update?

Thank you for the detailed information.

I do not know why upstream has not done anything. In mailing list someone from Xorg acknowledged that offscreen surfaces are known problem and suggested the first workaround (https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/spice-devel/2012-November/011479.html) and that's all I could see. I think they expect people to use that workaround, but surfaces enable by default is terrible and frustrating everyone, and there is more glitches. Fedora patched it instead (with extra fix, result is better) and Ubuntu is taking Fedora's patch. I thought Fedora had some better connections to libvirt/spice, but they did nothing? Some downstream project from debian is created their own package to add the fix. I am recompiling my own package now also. It's very silly. I can try to contact upstream again when I have more time and see about jessie, but I am just some guy.

---- On Sun, 29 May 2016 22:45:21 -0400 Paul Wise  wrote ----