Re: ITP: pry-nav -- Binding navigation commands for Pry to make a simple debugger

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 06:09:13PM +0200, georg@riseup.net wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Owner: Georg Faerber <georg@riseup.net>
> Severity: wishlist
>
> Package name    : pry-nav
> Version         : 0.2.4
> Upstream Author : Gopal Patel <nixme@stillhope.com>
> URL             : https://github.com/nixme/pry-nav
> License         : Expat
> Programming Lang: Ruby
> Description     : Binding navigation commands for Pry to make a simple debugger
>
> Turn Pry into a primitive debugger. Adds 'step' and 'next' commands to
> control execution.
>
> This package will be maintained within the Debian Ruby team.
> I'm packaging this, to satisfy a dependency of ruby-mail-gpg [1].
>

> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=823771

pry is a development tool and a library should *not* dependend on it. If
upstream has that as a hard dependency the upstream metadata is broken
and needs to be fixed.

(that said having this is support in pry looks interesting; it should *not*,
however, be a precondition for having mail-gpg)

> Package name    : pry-remote
> Version         : 0.1,7
> Upstream Author : Mon ouie <mon.ouie@gmail.com>
> URL             : https://github.com/Mon-Ouie/pry-remote
> License         : Zlib
> Programming Lang: Ruby
> Description     : Connect to Pry remotely using DRb
>
> This package will be maintained within the Debian Ruby team.
> I'm packaging this, to satisfy a dependency of pry-nav [1].
>

> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=824198

as above, but this package sounds rather pointless.

--
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro@debian.org>