Re: Debian i386 architecture now requires a 686-class processor

On Wed, 11 May 2016 00:31:00 +0200, Matthias Klose <doko@debian.org>
wrote:
>On 11.05.2016 00:17, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
>> On Saturday 07 May 2016 13:23:30 Ben Hutchings wrote:
>>> Last year it was decided to increase the minimum CPU features for the
>>> i386 architecture to 686-class in the stretch release cycle.  This
>>> means dropping support for 586-class and hybrid 586/686
>>> processors[1].(Support for 486-class processors was dropped, somewhat
>>> accidentally, in squeeze.)
>>>
>>> This was implemented in the Linux kernel packages starting with Linux
>>> 4.3, which was uploaded to unstable in December last year.
>>
>> I guess the answer is "no", but just to be sure: does this means that i386
>> supported processors need to implement SSE2?
>
>no.

Please at least try to be helpful by answering the question that
Lisandro actually wanted to ask.

I am not asking whether the needed feature is CMOV since I don't want
to give you the opportunity to be an ass for a second time.

Greetings
Marc