Re: Update Debian policy for Multi-Arch

On Tue, 3 May 2016, Holger Levsen wrote:
[...]
> there are already 7 or so bugs about multi-arch missing in various
> places in policy, I'd suggest you go to the BTS, search for those and
> help there.

Those are not the same. They are about documenting various aspects of
multi-arch, not about stating whether multi-arch *should* or *must* be
implemented by packages.

For reference here are the multi-arch policy bugs that I could find:

621050 - Document dependencies needed to use multiarch paths
Last updated 11 months ago

636383 - debian-policy: 10.2 and others: private libraries may also be multi-arch-ified
Last updated over 4 years ago

650974 - Make Policy references to /usr/lib multiarch-aware
Last updated over 4 years ago

684672 - document multiarch tuple definitions
Last updated over 4 years ago

687900 - document multiarch
Last updated 13 months ago

748380 - perl-policy: @INC changes for multiarch
Last updated 19 months ago

749826 - debian-policy: [multiarch] please document the use of Multi-Arch field in debian/control
Opened 23 months ago, never updated

759101 - Minor warning if "Multi-Arch: no" is used as it's the default
Last updated 19 months ago

798309 - debian-policy: Adjustments to perl policy for multi-arch
Last updated 4 months ago

As for contributing I've tried to contribute to packages but so far the
feed back I have gotten is mostly a whole lot of nothing (as is most
often the case with Debian). So that's not very motivating.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr>              http://fgouget.free.fr/
                                Arthur C. Clarke