Re: using whiptail and translated strings from arbitrary scripts

On 27/04/16 07:55, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 3:32 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>
>> One use case I'm thinking of is the live CD for PGP key management
>> discussed already[2].  After booting, instead of showing a login
>> prompt on tty1 it will go into a whiptail/dialog interface, like the
>> installer and ask some questions like:
>
> I would suggest using Python and Urwid instead of shell and whiptail/dialog.

Using Python would be nicer from a development perspective

I looked at the Urwid examples[1], can it be made to look more like
whiptail dialogs from the Debian installer, dpkg/debconf, etc?  One
reason for trying to have that look and feel is that it will give users
confidence in the system by being consistent.

Regards,

Daniel

1. http://urwid.org/examples/index.html