Re: making a Debian Live CD for managing GnuPG master key and smartcards

On 26/04/16 12:52, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> A project similar in goals (simplifying GnuPG by automating tasks and
> emphasising best practices) is this one: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg
> You can find the answer to some of the questions above by looking at its
> code.

I think you are taking the "plugging my project" approach too far. While
generating exposure is definitely a good component of making your
project succesful, I think a bit more modesty is in order. If I had a
say in it: Just create your own threads (not too many please :), don't
mention your project in every thread where it has some common ground.

This is my personal opinion. I don't get to say what you do. But I feel
the need to express this opinion now.

Regarding your choice of words and also modesty, the answers to the
questions are not in your code. Your /opinions/ on the matter are in
your code. You do not get to decide what is truth, what is the answer.
Incidentally, the answer is 42, so you're late to the party... ;P

I hadn't even read the following until I almost trimmed it from the mail
and it caught my eye... so ...

> In my opinion, the first thing to be done is to build a .deb package for
> it, so that it can be installed easily on all Debian derived systems,
> then you can also use it in your special Live CD system.
> This is the task about it: https://github.com/dashohoxha/egpg/issues/19

Wait, wait, wait... I sincerely hope you're not suggesting that the
first thing Daniel Pocock and others need to do is build a .deb package
for your project, that instead you meant this to read as "the first
thing /I/ should do is build a .deb package for egpg", so that they can
play with your code. I wouldn't even agree with the latter; but the
former is just... I hope you can pick your own adjective.

Cheers,

Peter.