Re: dedicated live CD for PGP master key management

On 25/04/16 17:34, Christian Seiler wrote:
> Am 2016-04-25 17:24, schrieb Daniel Pocock:
>>>
>>> shouldn't most of the functionality of this go into (a) dedicated
>>> package(s) which then can be used by several, eg by tails and grml and
>>> debian live-cds?
>>>
>> Some parts of such a project could probably be packaged
>>
>> One of the ideas I had is that it should have a kernel compiled without
>> any networking support, then it may not make sense to mix bits of the
>> solution with other live CDs
>
> Well, as Debian kernels are modularized, why not simply create a
> package that blacklists all network drivers? Then you don't have
> to compile an own kernel, but just make sure that the list of
> networking-related kernel modules is up to date, which seems to
> me to be a lot less work (especially since you can potentially
> automate that by looking for stuff in drivers/net).
>
> Plus a tool that looks at the list of loaded modules and checks
> that there isn't any network driver loaded.

I agree that is probably easier for development, although from a
security point of view the strategy would be to avoid having any
networking code in the environment at all

I've progressed the whole concept from vapourware to wikiware now:

https://wiki.debian.org/OpenPGP/CleanRoomLiveEnvironment

Does the workflow make sense?