RFA: storaged -- Disk Manager

Package: wnpp
Severity: normal

Hello!

This is a borderline RFA/RFH. I've already packaged storaged, which is
a fork of udisks2 but more targeted at supporting advanced "enterpricy"
storage solutions. It's currently sitting in experimental, since I don't
have time to properly maintain it myself and thus shouldn't upload it
targeted at testing/stretch.
Many backends are currently disabled since their dependencies are
currently not available in Debian.
I've also not properly tested that it's functional, but TTBOMK it is.

Further information can be found at:
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/storaged

Like the packaging vcs at:
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/pkg-storaged.git

There's also interest from upstream to see Debian support and their
bug tracker has an issue for this, see:
https://github.com/storaged-project/storaged/issues/41#issuecomment-205769607

Upstream has packaged the dependencies which are not available in Debian
in separate Ubuntu PPAs and updated the storaged package in an Ubuntu PPA
to enable the new backends, which should serve as a very good base for
someone willing to maintain these in Debian!

If you'd like to see storaged (which is an optional but quite central
dependency of cockpit-project.org) in a future stable Debian release,
then this is your chance to help out!

Get in touch if you'd like to be the primary maintainer of storaged
in Debian. I'm willing to assist as a co-maintainer and can also sponsor
you if you're not already a Debian Developer.

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson