Re: Debian package on Windows

zack@debian.org wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 31, 2016 at 03:03:18PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>> Quite ingenious really.
>
>I'm curious about the set of syscalls they've implemented, and in
>particular about which non-POSIX (but Linux) syscalls are in that set.
>Has anyone seen that list yet?

As I commented on Dustin's blog, I'm also interested in more technical
details:

Linux/Unix is more than just the syscalls, there's quite a few places
where the Windows model just doesn't match up with the Unix model:
processes, threads, filesystem/VFS semantics, ...

How does fork() work?  How does file locking work with things like
shared libraries in this setup?

Some Linux programs will be easy to support, some - say, dpkg, are
going to be much more involved.

"Further comment on how I feel about IBM will appear once I've worked out
 whether they're being malicious or incompetent. Capital letters are forecast."
 Matthew Garrett, http://www.livejournal.com/users/mjg59/30675.html