Re: Possible MBF: Packages depending on iceweasel but not firefox/firefox-esr

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 11:05:30PM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> (I would be interested to know what fraction of unstable users also
> have experimental enabled as a source.  Does popcon report which suites
> are enabled in APT sources, and if not could that be added?

No, it doesn't.

But what about wgetting[1] a substantial set of bug reports and taking those
which were submitted using reportbug, which does include such info?  I
already did so once in the past, to gather info about locale settings[2].

For example, #758969 says:
Debian Release: jessie/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (500, 'stable'), (1, 'experimental')
which is what you want.

> Does it report enough information to tell how many users install
> experimental versions?)

Only for popcon itself.  I have no idea how to get that data.

[1]. There's probably some method that puts way less load on the BTS server
available for DDs.

[2]. Bad news: if we dropped non-Unicode locales there'd be kvetching.
--
A tit a day keeps the vet away.