Re: dh_gencontrol debug symbol wrapper: no debian/<package>-dbgsym, skipping package <package>

Hi,

Nico Schlömer writes:
> I'd like to play around with the (new) auto dbgsym packages, and for
> starters build Mixxx [1] on launchpad's Xenial environment (featuring
> debhelper 9.20160115ubuntu2). Instead of an auto dbg package, however, I'm
> getting
> ```
> dh_gencontrol debug symbol wrapper: no debian/mixxx-dbgsym, skipping
> package mixxx
> ```
> Is this a server misconfig, or am I actually missing something from the
> package?

As far as I know Ubuntu implements automatic debug symbols in a
different way and only for the main archive. I don't think you will get
any automatic debug symbols for local builds or PPA uploads.

An Ubuntu development list probably is a better place to ask how
automatic debug symbols work there.

Ansgar