Re: [Mailman-Developers] Let's try to package mailman3 in Debian!

Hey,

On Monday 22 February 2016 04:48:51 Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > > - it does not install on Jessie (even with jessie-backports because of
> > >
> > >   missing dependencies) (just a note because of not working on stretch
> > >   either)
> >
> > I tries Ubuntu Wily afterwards. But I good an error due to outdated
> > falcon.
> > Please express the version constraint also in Dpkg to get an error on
> > installation time, not on start time. Backporting a newer falcon version
> > fixed the issue.
>
> debian/control refers to python3-falcon >= 0.3rc1, I don't understand where
> your issue comes from.

You have expressed the constraint as build dependency. But the built binary
packages only depends on python3-falcon without version constraint. So it
cannot be build with a too old version of falcon but installed with one.

> > - I prefer removing the tests files or moving them into a own binary
> > packages,>
> >   as they are not needed on most installations.
>
> Do you have a suggestion on a nice/clean way to do so? :)

The best way I know is to call something like `find debian/mailman3-core/usr -
type d -name "tests" -print0 | xargs -0 rm -r` during override_dh_auto_install

> > - The documentation's raw rst files are currently installed; please run
> > sphinx>
> >   during the build and ship the compiled files instead.
>
> Lintian complains about external js library that is used in html doc.
> (jquery as far as I remember) I don't know how to deal with that.

Mmh, take a look at other debian packages. It is quiet common that python
packages uses sphinx as documentation framework. So it should be a already
solved issue - maybe ask python-debian.

bye,
Malte.