Re: How to change config script for multiarch?

Hi,

Quoting Jakub Wilk (2016-02-11 12:44:34)
> * Johannes Schauer <josch@debian.org>, 2016-02-10, 11:09:
> >The old-style-config-script tag which src:chasen suffers from as well and
> >which was also linked to by Bastien contains more valuable information. The
> >important message is: please use pkg-config and not some package-specific
> >configuration mechanism (as also already pointed out by Vincent). Otherwise,
> >you (and/or upstream) will suffer from an unnecessary maintenance burden in
> >case you ever want to (or in case we need to) cross-build that source
> >package. For now though it should be sufficient to move the file into an
> >architecture specific path.
>
> Um, no. Replacing an upstream-supported API, which has existing users
> even in the Debian archive, with a Debian-specific non-upstreamable one
> sounds like a very bad plan to me.

please excuse my bad phrasing of my last message. When I said "please use
pkg-config" then I didn't mean "please do X without consulting and
collaborating with upstream". Indeed it would be best if you could convince
upstream to switch to pkg-config and not make the change Debian specific unless
there is more pressing need for doing so.

Thanks!

cheers, josch