Re: How to change config script for multiarch?

Hi Nokubi,

Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (2016-02-10 10:29:46)
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:12 AM, NOKUBI Takatsugu <knok@daionet.gr.jp> wrote:
> > I am a maintainer of chasen package. It contains chasen-config, it
> > work as pkg-config like but it's a single script.
> >
> > Latest lintain reports:
> > E: libchasen-dev: old-style-config-script-multiarch-path usr/bin/chasen-config full text contains architecture specific dir x86_64-linux-gnu
> >
> > But I want to keep libchasen-dev as Multi-Arch: same. Would you tell
> > me finding the correct way to change the script?
> >
> See https://lintian.debian.org/tags/old-style-config-script.html

your message would've been a better fit for debian-mentors@lists.debian.org

You can see an explanation of lintian tags by doing:

$ lintian-info --tags old-style-config-script-multiarch-path

The old-style-config-script tag which src:chasen suffers from as well and which
was also linked to by Bastien contains more valuable information. The important
message is: please use pkg-config and not some package-specific configuration
mechanism (as also already pointed out by Vincent). Otherwise, you (and/or
upstream) will suffer from an unnecessary maintenance burden in case you ever
want to (or in case we need to) cross-build that source package. For now though
it should be sufficient to move the file into an architecture specific path.

A bit OT: the old-style-config-script lintian description links to a 404 page
on sources.debian.net. Maybe this link should be updated? Is there a way to
create a link to a file on sources.debian.net where, if the version doesn't
exist anymore, it will automatically fall-back to the next highest version?

Thanks!

cheers, josch