Re: How to change config script for multiarch?

Le 10/02/2016 08:12, NOKUBI Takatsugu a écrit :
> I am a maintainer of chasen package. It contains chasen-config, it
> work as pkg-config like but it's a single script.
>
> Latest lintain reports:
> E: libchasen-dev: old-style-config-script-multiarch-path usr/bin/chasen-config full text contains architecture specific dir x86_64-linux-gnu
>
> But I want to keep libchasen-dev as Multi-Arch: same. Would you tell
> me finding the correct way to change the script?

  I do not think there is a generic answer. But, if your script is
simple, perhaps just replacing hardcoded directory names by the output
of "dpkg -qDEB_HOST_MULTIARCH" will be enough.
  This would probably be an debian-specific arch because the script
will then do some assumption about the layout of the software (instead
of relying on the $libdir, ... autoconf variables/substitutions) and
it will use the Debian specific dpkg-architecture tool (your package
will need to depends on dpkg-dev)
  To be Multi-Arch: same, the package must have the same contents in
all architectures.

  Note that this won't solve cross-compilation issues. For this, unless
specific needs, a convertion to pkg-config style is probably the
easiest/rightest (but it is better to do it with upstream). In this
case, the chasen-config might be rewritten with internal calls to
pkg-config to avoid to duplicate the information and still keeping
the old interface.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA