Re: Are two Vcs-{Git|Svn|...} and Vcs-Browser fields sensible?

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 02:21:06PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Right. So something like...
>
> debian/control:
> Vcs-Git: ${vcs:repo}
> Vcs-Browser: ${vcs:browser}
>
> debian/vcs:
> Vcs-Type: Git
> Vcs-Host: Debian
> Vcs-Path: <team>/<repo>
>
> debian/rules:
> override_dh_gencontrol:
> 	dh_your_new_magic_vcs_script
> 	dh_gencontrol
>
> (that, or "dh --with-magic-vcs-script", of course, whatever you prefer)
>
> ...would do all that with little extra required infrastructure; just the
> dh_your_new_magic_vcs_script thing that you'd have to write. This script
> would parse debian/vcs, and generate ${vcs:repo} and ${vcs:browser}
> substitution variables in debian/substvars. Then whenever the brand new
> URL scheme happens, all that's needed is an update of the magic VCS
> script and a rebuild (or binNMU) of the affected packages.

I like this constructive contribution which really fits the intention of
my initial mail.  Probably that's the easiest one to implement without
touching main infrastructure.  Seems we are just lacking a volunteer for
implementation.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--