Re: Debian Policy 3.9.7.0 released

Quoting Daniel Reurich (2016-02-02 00:46:28)
> On 02/02/16 12:36, Bill Allombert wrote:
>> We have just released Debian Policy 3.9.7.0 to fix a FTBFS.

Thanks a lot for all the work on maintaining Debian Policy!

>>  4.9
>>    `debian/rules': required targets must not attempt network access.
>>
> Doesn't this mean that debian-installer which requires network access
> to build the image (may also be true of cdimage, live-installer etc)
> fails on this policy??

Please do not hijack discussion on one topic (changes to Policy) with
another discussion (whether one specific package fits Policy).

Please instead follow up at bug#807312 (either consider file a new
bugreport based on the lack of responses there or help provide the
missing information requested there).

Regards,

 - Jonas