Re: Debian Policy 3.9.7.0 released

On 02/02/16 12:36, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> We have just released Debian Policy 3.9.7.0 to fix a FTBFS.
>

>      4.9
>           `debian/rules': required targets must not attempt network access.

Doesn't this mean that debian-installer which requires network access to
build the image (may also be true of cdimage, live-installer etc) fails
on this policy??

(I found out the hard way when trying to build d-i for devuan in jenkins
using pbuilder which by default doesn't allow internet access from the
buildenvironment.)

Regards,
	Daniel Reurich.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.