Re: mkdocs locale error building djangorestframework

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 11:49 +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
>
> > C.UTF-8 is built into glibc so I believe you can assume it's present in
> > all Debian installations (from wheezy onward).
>
> Ok, this is getting more and more complicated. The only reason I can see
> for the FTBFS in #812672 is because the C.UTF-8 locale doesn't exist. It
> shouldn't even be reaching that line of code otherwise.
>
> Maybe something to do with building with pbuilder as opposed to sbuild?

That's not the problem at all.  Read the error message again.  Read the
source line it points to.  Now look at where rv comes from:

>>> import subprocess
>>> rv = subprocess.Popen(['locale', '-a'], stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
...                       stderr=subprocess.PIPE).communicate()[0]
>>> type(rv)
<class 'bytes'>

This is clearly a bug in python3-click.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Q.  Which is the greater problem in the world today, ignorance or apathy?