Re: mass filing bug reports for GCC 6 build issues

* Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2016-01-13 23:15]:
> If you think it would be useful, I should be able to find time within
> the next 10 days to do a build of Debian unstable on amd64 and
> probably on arm64.

I completed the rebuild of Debian unstable with GCC 6 and reported 520
build failures to the BTS.  You can track them here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=ftbfs-gcc-6;users=debian-gcc@lists.debian.org

In the meantime, Matthias created a wiki about GCC 6:
https://wiki.debian.org/GCC6

Here are some of the most frequent errors see:

* 77: error: narrowing conversion of '128' from 'int' to 'char' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
* 73: error: no match for or error: no matching function for call to
* 65:
  error: cannot convert 'bool' to '...' in return
  error: cannot convert 'std::basic_istream<char>' to 'bool' in initialization
  error: could not convert 'false' from 'bool' to '...'
* 36: error: statement is indented as if it were guarded by... [-Werror=misleading-indentation]
* 28: symbol changes
* 16: error: 'xxx' defined but not used [-Werror=unused-const-variable]
* 16: error: reference to '...' is ambiguous
* 13: test suite failures (segfaults and similar); not clear if the
  package or if GCC is at fault.
* 12: error: enumerator value for '...' is not an integer constant expression [-Wpedantic]
* 12: error: call of overloaded ... is ambiguous
* 9: 'xxx' needed for in-class initialization of static data member
* 9: error: '...' was not declared in this scope
* 8: error: unknown type name
* 8: error: unable to find string literal operator
* 8: cmake failure (cmake configure scripts fail)
* 6: error: macro "..." passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1
* 3: error: invalid suffix on literal; C++11 requires a space between literal and string macro [-Werror=literal-suffix]
* 3: error: template argument X is invalid

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/