Re: Removing sysV init files

Am 15.01.2016 um 21:56 schrieb Michael Biebl:
> An example for that is alsa-utils:
> The sysv init script is named
>
> /etc/init.d/alsa-utils
>
> The systemd service units:
> /lib/systemd/system/alsa-store.service
> /lib/systemd/system/alsa-state.service
> /lib/systemd/system/alsa-restore.service
>
> And /lib/systemd/system/alsa-utils.service is a symlink pointing at
> /dev/null.
>

> Another approach, as e.g. used by openvpn, where /etc/init.d/openvpn
> corresponds to a multitude of systemd service units, is to to use a
> dummy service or target, which represents the old sysv name.

That all said, I can very well understand, if you are concerned about
the additional complexity introduced by this.
If you don't have a single service unit which exactly matches the sysv
init script name, it can get tricky to get right, and blindly shipping a
(user) provided sysv init script in your package can actually break your
systemd service unit in such a case, as systemd would try to start both.

universe are pointed away from Earth?