Re: IMPORTEND squid3 stable needs update

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 19:47 +0000, startrekfan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure which mailing list I should chose. So I'll try my luck here.
>
> I didn't subscribed to the mailing list. So* please put my mail address
> into cc*. thanks.
>
> *squid3 Version 3.4.8* is deployed in the Jessie stable repository.* This
> version is outdated and has some security risks!!*. Version 3.5 is more
> secure but unfortunately it's only marked as unstable

You seem a bit confused about how Debian releases work.  Within any
stable release, we apply bug fixes only - unless it's impossible for us
to provide security support for the old upstream version.

Our package of squid 3.4.8 does have a security fix on top of the
upstream version: https://tracker.debian.org/news/702659

So far as we know, there are no important security issues still
affecting the version in jessie:
https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/squid3

Do you know otherwise?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The program is absolutely right; therefore, the computer must be wrong.