Re: Removing sysV init files

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 03:45:30PM +0100, Alec Leamas wrote:

> Support for users not using systemd. I understand that such users will be
> unhappy without the scripts - but am I obliged under current policy
> decisions to maintain this configuration?

Up until the next stable release at least, you are strongly advised to
keep the sysvinit files in place. If you cannot maintain them yourself,
ask for help.

> [...] the sysV scripts exists and perhaps "works" in a
> basic sense [...]

That is already much better than not having a SysV script. But at this
point I don't think you have to spend a lot of effort to try to get it
to feature parity with the systemd service. Though if someone sends you
a patch to improve the SysV script, you should accept it.

      Guus Sliepen <guus@debian.org>