Re: Going ahead with non-free-firmware

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 08:25:21AM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> I kept suggesting the same, but thought that it'd need a GR because of
> "non-free" and "contrib" being listed explicitly in DFSG §5. Happy to
> see that this wasn't actually necessary. :)

One of the points of the non-free/firmware naming was precisely to make
it clear that it's just a subset of what is already mentioned in SC §5.
Introducing (what looks like) a new section would incur in the issue you
just mentioned.

I don't remember anyone proposing to highlight a specific subset of
non-free, rather then introducing a new archive area, in the discussions
of years ago, but maybe it's just me.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader . . . . . @zacchiro . . . . o o o . . . o .