Re: Help me please... I need help immediately becouse I can't open my pc and I need to use it for work

On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 22:07:15 +0100
Patrik Liçi <patrikstreetboy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi debian.... I have a big problem and I need help immediately. ... I was
> installing kali linux mini 2.0 in my pc.... then I power off the pc becouse
> the downloads wants a lot to finish.... when I want to open my pc it
> cant.... .the monitor stays black.... I tried to install kali linux again
> eand when the installation finish the montior stays again black..... I need
> to use my pc for my work but it dont open... please help.. is there any way
> to format my pc... becouse I put my windows 7 cd to format my pc but
> nothing happened. ... the only thing that can be opened is kali linux
> cd.... help pls

Firstly: Can you do your work from within the Kali Linux CD? That could
be a temporary solution.

Secondly: The fact that you only get a black screen means that you
haven't got to the bootloader. You can install the GRUB bootloader from
Kali. From a terminal:

1. Install the required programs
$ sudo apt-get install fdisk grub-install

2. After removing all external media (e.g. USBs) from your computer -
except for the Kali Linux CD - run the following command:
$ sudo fdisk -l | grep Disk

You should see something like /dev/sda or /dev/hda. This is the name of
your storage device.

3. Install GRUB to your storage device. If your storage device
was /dev/sda, then you should run the command:
$ sudo grub-install /dev/sda

4. Copy any output and save it to paste.debian.net. Write down the URL
on a piece of paper.

5. Reboot your computer.
$ sudo reboot

6. Write back to us, send us the link to paste.debian.net and tell us
whether or not it worked. If it works, tell us exactly what you did so
that other people reading this with the same problem will know. If it
doesn't work, tell us what you can see and what you're trying to do.